Thursday, March 4, 2010

I love kids' blogs!

Throughout this semester, I've been reading and commenting on students' blogs from all over the world. I love hearing what these kids are up to, what they're learning, how they're doing in school, what they like to do, and how they are the best they can be. They are extremely intelligent, and a lot of times, they seem to know more about blogging and technology than I did before this class! It is true when people say that teachers can learn as much from their students as they teach them! As a future educator, I'm trying to get caught up with the technology that students are using that will help them become easier and more effective learners. I definitely wasn't technology literate before I started this class, but I like to think that I've made fantastic progress. With these kids as my inspiration, I hope to learn even more!

Micheal from Ms. Deyenberg's 5th grade class
I really enjoy reading Micheal's blogs! He really likes PE and going to the gym to play. From what I read, I don't think he likes social studies very much. I don't blame him: I don't, either! He did a really cool science project, and he always does well on his science and spelling tests. Apparently, he had a sleepover at his school, and I really enjoyed looking at all the pictures on his teacher's blog. I will definitely keep reading his blog posts. He does such a great job!

Dalton from Ms. Cassidy's class
Dalton is just learning how to read and write. I love reading his blogs and watching the videos he's in that Ms. Cassidy makes. I've written about these videos in some of my other blog posts. I have definitely learned a lot from them. Dalton and his classmates have a wonderful teacher! He seems to like writing about snow! After I read his post about toast, I made myself some. I can tell how much he's learned since he started his blog, and I can't wait to see how he does in the future!

Mrs. McCafferty's class is learning about the ocean!
I know this is a very intelligent class because they are learning some very interesting and detailed things about the ocean. It is amazing how much Mrs. McCafferty has used technology and hands-on activities to help her kids learn. I watched a video of them playing an ongoing game, and they were all very interested and interactive. I'm sure they will all continue to play this game after the school year ends. Field trips, games, blogs... What creative ways to keep students interested!

Rachel G from Mrs. Kolbert's class
Rachel only has two blog posts, but she seems very outspoken: she wanted to represent her class in saying good bye to Mrs. Brehm - whom I suppose was the principal because her next post was about their new principal Mr. Slack. The rest of Mrs. Kolbert's students write blogs pretty often, so maybe Rachel moved? Or maybe she doesn't really like blogging. :) Either way, Mrs. Kolbert's students are all really smart and interesting! They do a wonderful job at writing about important and current topics like the Olympics.


These are all really smart kids, and I hope to be able to be a role model to my future students just as these teachers are to their students!

1 comment: