Sunday, March 28, 2010

More kids, more comments!

Just like Little Kaia, these kids have given me insight as to what it's like for younger people to experience the world; Kaia showed me her perspective on nature, and these kids showed me their perspectives on games, zoos, and electronics.

Lavinia is in Room 6 (10-12 year olds) of St. Pius X. She wrote about her day at school, particularly her game of "King Ball." I'm not sure what that is, but it definitely sounds like dodge ball. Lavinia is so good at it, either way: she never got out. I wish I was that good when I played. It has been a long time...

Jenna F. of Mrs. Goerend's class wrote a persuasive essay about animals in zoos. She is very persuasive indeed! I love how she used specific examples and even quotes to prove her point. She is in sixth grade, and she is becoming a wonderful writer!

Michala of Mrs. Shelter's seventh grade class understands the pros and cons of electronics! This is very important in realizing what the best way of communication can be at the appropriate time.


It's always so interesting to me to read how kids of different ages see and think about different things. Reading their blogs give me a taste of what I'll be dealing with one day when I have my own classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica!! Nice work on your blog!! I agree with your opinions on our future students. They are all so different and every one of them will have different little minds and ideas. I also agree...It is great for children this young that are learning to blog and use video. This is a great tool for educators to learn about their students and get new ideas. Good job!

    ReplyDelete