Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kids write my favorite blogs!

Here is an update to some more blogs written by kids that I have been reading lately:

Iron is a seven-year-old in Mrs. Tuala's class in New Zealand. Iron recited her "Mihi in Maori," and she did such a beautiful job! I wasn't really sure what a "Mihi in Maori" was, so I looked it up. "Mihi" actually means "tongue," and "Maori" is a culture. I found an amazing website that helped me better understand what this is. The Mihi is the story:

"Ko ___ te maunga" means: ____ is my mountain.
"Ko ___ te awa" means: ____ is my river.
"Ko ___ te iwi" means: ____ is my tribe.
"Ko ___ te kura" means: ____ is my school.
"Ko ___ te tumuaki" means: ____ is my principal.

This is certainly a wonderful thing for Iron to understand, and she did such a beautiful job learning and reciting hers! I'm proud of her!


Esrah is in Mrs. Barks's Room 10 class. He made a wonderful animation about his life at home and at school. I was really amazed at what this kid can do! I don't even know how to do animation. Hopefully Esrah will be posting more of his work soon. I watched some of the other animations from students in his class, and they were all equally impressive!


Miracle is in Room 16. Miracle made an animation about the Treaty of Waitangi that helped people live in peace. It really makes me wish I had learned how to do animation when I was their age! They are all so creative, and I know this teaching approach will help these students retain everything they've learned so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment